Tuesday 16 March 2010

The Sins of the Father

I have a lot of time on my hands and therefore I do a lot of thinking, most of it in the small hours of the morning lol. An interesting thought came to my mind a couple of nights ago. I have spent a long time wondering why everything has happened to me, what lesson was I to learn, was I being punished etc etc? I'm not a religious person but you can grow up in a christian country and not pick up sayings from the bible. And the one that sprung to mind was ''the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons'' Before you dismiss this let me tell you a bit about my parents and you can reserve judgement till then

I'll start with my dad. My dad has always found glory in illness or operations. He once told me his bowel operation was worse than child birth though how he knows I have no idea lol. When I got rushed into hospital at 28 with a problem with my heart instead of asking how was I he ripped through me saying ''you cant have anything in this house without someone else wanting it'' He was referring to the fact he had been recently diagnosed with having a heart murmur. I then ripped through him saying basically I was 28 and I did NOT want this. Who in their right mind would want something wrong with their heart? Shows a sick mind to even think that. The next example I will give you is even sicker :( My mums friend died of throat cancer a few years back. It was even more tragic that she was a tee total, non smoker all her life. About 6 months after her death my dad started complaining of exactly the same symptoms as she had. He had the doctors carrying out tests. I was completely sickened one day when I overheard him telling a man he had met on holiday that he had throat cancer!!!! The tests all came back showing nothing was wrong and the doctors eventually put his symptoms down to a dry throat from medication. Was funny how all of a sudden he was ''better'' He did the same with me and my cauda equina. About 6 months after he again developed all my symptoms and was complaining continuously. He sat in front of me and said ''I know I have the same as you do.'' One xray later and it showed arthritis in his hips and the doctors sent him away saying what did he expect, he was 63 after all? You have never seen anyone so pissed off that he didn't even get an mri. Sick!! My dad has also accused me of faking both my epilepsy and the pain I was in before my back surgery. Who in their right mind would accuse someone of faking illness. Who would even think about that unless they were doing the same themselves? It's not a natural thing to think. If someone is ill you have concern, compassion, worry. You do not immediately accuse them of faking it. I could keep going but I think you get the idea

Now to my mum. My mum has been ''disabled'' all my life though never had a diagnosis of anything wrong. Eventually the doctors got so sick of her they took her into hospital and performed every test in the book and also made her see a psychiatrist to see if it was all in her head. My mum uses a wheelchair basically every time she leaves the house but goes on holiday for 2 months a year and doesn't take it. She walks miles every day with the dogs, she climbs hillsides quicker than I could when I was fit and healthy. Very strange. She used to be at the doctor all the time again complaining until one day she found a leaflet in the waiting room about a condition called fibromyalgia. She showed the leaflet to the doctor and said I think I have this and he said it sounds as good as anything and wrote it down in her notes!!!! :( Funny how she never goes to the doctor anymore. Her ''diagnosis'' allowed her to claim benefits and get a blue badge for her car so why would she see the doctor anymore? My mum also accused me of faking it in emails to my grampa last year when I was in hospital. Again who in their right mind would accuse someone of faking it especially when they have a crushed spinal cord?

So I have 2 parents who have pretended they are ill or disabled for some reason I can't fathom. I have ended up disabled at a fairly young age and I would give half the world to be normal again. So are the sins of the father visited upon the sons? I wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment