Tuesday 30 June 2009

Resizing Pictures

My friend recently bought a new digital camera and was struggling to email me the pictures from our ''drunken nights'' as the pictures were too big. She is lucky enough to be running XP so I installed the handy image resizer from Microsoft for her and I thought I would share it with you as well for those who are unaware of it.

Click the title of this blog and you will go to the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP site. Scroll down the right hand side and look for image resizer. It's a tiny download and it makes resizing pictures a doddle. Once installed just right click the picture or pictures you want to resize and click resize pictures. Pick large for normal computer use and click ok and it's as simple as that. It keeps the original and the resized picture keep the original name with (large) next to it.

I unfortunately run Vista as my laptop is a built for Vista machine which I found out to my disgust when I formatted it to put XP in. HP who makes my laptop provides no drivers for XP which I think is awful as I really don't like Vista. This image resizer is actually the thing I miss most from XP. I am looking for a programme to do the same thing without having to muck about with paint. If I find something I am happy with I will let you know. I just wish Microsoft would make PowerToys for Vista. Come on guys

No comments:

Post a Comment