Friday 3 July 2009

Easy Youtube Downloader

I'm gonna cheat slightly on this one cos I read about this on my friend's blog but having installed it on my own laptop and the 3 pc's for the kids and it's so good am also gonna share it with you.

About 4 years ago I used to spend a lot of time on Limewire but I got so sick fed up that almost every track contained a virus of some sort that I gave up. Nowadays I listen to music on Youtube if I dont have on disk or my laptop but it means keeping a web page open for Youtube. Now I can download the videos from Youtube without any software and then play them using VLC. It only works on Firefox and Google Chrome though not IE

It's this easy. Open your bookmark dropdown list and right click on it. Select New Bookmark. Call it whatever you want. I called mine Youtube Downloader and paste this URL in the location field

javascript:window.location.href="http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=" + swfArgs['video_id']+ "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&fmt_map' + swfArgs['fmt_map'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];

then click add. Now open the Youtube video you want to watch, open your bookmarks and click on the link you just created. It should download the video and you can play it on VLC. I've noticed though it just calls the video ''Video'' so remember to press F2 and rename the video so you can find it at a later date.

Update: My son is now nagging me for a programme to seperate the sound from the video so he can put the music on his phone. Gonna do some research and hopefully find a good free programme to do this and I will get back to you when I have found something. If anyone know's one feel free to tell me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment